Whatsapp has now added the option to edit sent messages. Whatsapp Messages can be edited for up to 15 minutes after they’ve been sent. It will only show ‘modified’ for messages that have been edited, and the recipient will not see the original message.
WhatsApp also stated that changing a message will not send a new chat notice to others in your chat. The option is only accessible for messages and does not allow you to alter photographs, videos, or other types of material or captions.
How to Edit a Sent Message on WhatsApp
- Long press the message you wish to change, then tap More options.
- on Android / simply tap Edit after long pressing
- on iPhone / Hover over the message you wish to alter,
- Then click Menu > alter message on Web or desktop.
- Select Edit to update your message.
- When you’re finished, hit the check mark to update your message.
Your communications and any adjustments you make, like all personal messages, media, and calls, are safeguarded by end-to-end encryption.
This feature has begun to be rolled out to users worldwide and will be available to everyone in the coming weeks.