Being sponsored by a gaming company is an excellent way to make money off your interest in gaming. You can get money by writing articles on their games or pass services, spreading the word about their edge as a market competitor or events, or taking part in their marketing initiatives. This can be a fantastic way to monetize your love of gaming while also helping the firms and games you enjoy.
Although, being sponsored by a gaming company might provide you with access to special material and events in addition to money and a larger audience, you’ll have the chance to be offered a meet and greet your favorite gaming superstars, be invited to take part in closed beta tests or early access programs, etc.
Below are tips on how to get sponsored by a gaming company and start bringing in endorsement deals:
- Choose the right company to sponsor you: Not all gaming companies are created equal. Some companies are more likely to sponsor you than others. When choosing a company to sponsor you, consider the following factors:
- The company’s target audience. Does the company’s target audience overlap with your own?
- The company’s products or services. Do you use or enjoy the company’s products or services?
- The company’s values. Do you share the company’s values?
- Build a strong audience: Companies are more likely to sponsor you if you have a large and engaged audience. The more people who are watching your content or following you on social media, the more valuable you are to a sponsor.
- Be consistent: If you want to get sponsored, you need to be consistent with your content creation. This means uploading new content on a regular basis and engaging with your audience.
- Be creative: Don’t just create the same old content that everyone else is creating. Be creative and come up with new ideas that will engage your audience.
- Network with other gamers: Networking is a great way to get your name out there and meet potential sponsors. Attend gaming events, join gaming communities, and connect with other gamers on social media.
- Reach out to sponsors: Once you’ve built a strong audience and created a creative content, you can start reaching out to sponsors. When reaching out to sponsors, be sure to include the following information:
- Your contact information
- Your social media handles
- Your website or blog
- Your streaming channel
- Your audience size
- Your content creation schedule
- Your creative ideas
- Be patient: Getting sponsored takes time. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get sponsored right away. Keep creating great content and networking with other gamers, and eventually you’ll find a sponsor who’s interested in working with you.
Some of the categories or segments you can be placed in if you get sponsored by a gaming company may involve:
- Content creator: This is the most common category for gaming sponsorships. Content creators create videos, streams, or other forms of content about gaming. They can be sponsored by gaming hardware companies, game publishers, or other gaming-related businesses.
- Streamer: Streamers broadcast themselves playing video games live on platforms like Twitch or YouTube. They can be sponsored by gaming hardware companies, game publishers, or other gaming-related businesses.
- Pro gamer: Professional gamers compete in video game tournaments and leagues. They can be sponsored by gaming hardware companies, game publishers, or other gaming-related businesses.
- Game tester: Game testers play video games and find bugs or glitches. They can be sponsored by game publishers.
- Esports coach: Esports coaches train and mentor professional gamers. They can be sponsored by gaming hardware companies, game publishers, or other gaming-related businesses.
- Gaming influencer: Gaming influencers have a large following on social media. They can be sponsored by gaming hardware companies, game publishers, or other gaming-related businesses.
The specific category you’ll be placed in will depend on your skills, interests, and experience. If you’re a skilled gamer, you might be a good fit for the pro gamer or esports coach category. If you’re creative and enjoy making videos, you might be a good fit for the content creator or streamer category. If you’re good at finding bugs and glitches, you might be a good fit for the game tester category. And if you have a large following on social media, you might be a good fit for the gaming influencer category.
No matter what category you’re in, it’s important to be passionate about gaming and to be willing to put in the work. If you can do that, you’ll be well on your way to getting sponsored by a gaming company.
Other bonus tips you’ll need in order to get sponsored by a gaming company includes:
- Always be professional and courteous in your discussions with sponsors.
- Be willing to negotiate your sponsorship conditions.
- Be ready to meet the requirements of the sponsor, such as developing specialized content or advertising their products or services.
- Keep your audience in mind and avoid marketing things or services that are inappropriate for them.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to being sponsored by a gaming brand. Just keep in mind that it takes time, effort, and a great deal of hard work. But if you’re enthusiastic about gaming and willing to put in the effort, you can surely reach your goal.