Fall tech competitions are approaching as summer winds down. Microsoft has sent save-the-date invitations to a “special event” in New York City on September 21, but it hasn’t released any details.
This may be Microsoft’s fall hardware event, when it unveils its latest Surface devices and other gadgets. If so, Microsoft is returning to late September after migrating to October last year. Given its focus over the previous year, the corporation is likely to discuss a lot about its AI efforts during this demonstration. We could also learn about new Windows 11 features.
The autumn calendar for the tech industry is taking form. Apple usually unveils its next iPhones in early to mid-September, but no timetable has been given. Google has not disclosed a release date for its new Pixel devices, although it is expected within the next month or two.
On September 20, Amazon will have a hardware event, one day before Microsoft. The event is scheduled to highlight innovative home products and services such as smart speakers, thermostats, and security cameras.
Meta’s Connect event on September 27 will be the company’s annual metaverse presentation. Meta is expected to introduce new metaverse hardware and software, as well as relationships with other companies.
Here are some of the specific products and technology to look for at these events:
- New iPhones from Apple: These are likely to have a new design, a quicker A16 Bionic chip, and an improved camera system. It’s also possible that they’ll support USB-C charging.
- Google’s new Pixel devices: A new Pixel 7 phone, a Pixel 7 Pro phone, and a Pixel Watch are expected. The Pixel 7 phones are likely to have a new design as well as the Tensor chip, and the Pixel Watch will be Google’s first wearable.
- Amazon’s upcoming smart home products: upcoming Echo speakers, thermostats, and security cameras are due. Amazon is also said to be developing a smart oven and a smart fridge.
- Microsoft’s new products and services: These are expected to include new workplace applications as well as new gaming and entertainment hardware. Microsoft is also said to be developing a new mixed reality headset.
- Meta’s new metaverse gear and software: New VR headsets, AR glasses, and software for creating and interacting in the metaverse are expected. Meta is also said to be working on a new metaverse social networking platform.
These are just a few of the many items and technology that we may anticipate to see during the autumn events of the tech industry. It’s going to be an exciting season for technology, with new goods and services being introduced on a regular basis.