Normally new smartphones like Tecno, Infinix, iTel and Samsung takes shorter time to charge from 20-30% up to full battery in less than an hour. Today my Infinix and Tecno phones says it is going to take 5 hours to charge from 10% to full battery….now I need to charge the iPhone for almost 4 hours plus before getting same power.
Also Checkout: Infinix Zero Ultra Price, Full Features and Specifications
What causes my Samsung/Tecno smartphone to charge slow?
Questions has been raised concerning if is the battery or the phone inside that is causing this recent development or the cable cord.
How to Fix Slow charging on Your Android/iOS Device
- Replace The Charging Cable: Most times, the slow charge problem originates from the micro-USB to USB cable. With time these cables lose their efficiency and therefore can’t provide enough current to charge the phone/device. So you need to change the Micro-USB to cable by purchasing a new one.
- Stay Away From your Mobile Phone When Charging: Making use of your infinix device while charging is not healthy for the battery. This puts lots of pressure on your Android’s battery life which causes your tecno phone to heat up.
- Make Use of Airplane Mode: To significantly improve the charging process of your tecno phone, switch to Airplane mode which decreases the charging time. The only issue with Airplane mode is that you would not be make or receive calls during this period.
- Close/End all the applications that are running
- Turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Avoid Charging From Powerbanks, Laptops or PC: Most smartphone users do this a lot but it is still not a best idea. The USB ports on your laptops/PCs are meant for transferring data, as they have little current for your phone as compared to the phone charger.
Current Output of USB Ports.
USB 2.0 can provide up to 500mA
USB 3.0 can provide up to 900mA
Next time, If you don’t have a charger nearby and last resort is using PC USB port, we advise you to connect your device to a USB 3.0 (blue) port.
Also Checkout : Tecno Camon 20 Premier 5G Price and Full Specifications
- Finally, Replace Your Battery: When you have tried all the above process and have used your device for more than 1 year, which takes more than 3 hours to charge fully and discharge in less than 5 hours, then it’s time to look for a replacement.